Tuesday 8 November 2011

Movement through out the brain

My tutor Kieran and I were discussing the movement through out the brain and he suggested I try a process he uses in ceramics, where I would get a block of clay and create paths of movement, holes and tunnels by sticking things through it and then cut this block into slices to show my paths of movement. I'm hoping to do this after the reviews and feedback when there's more free time.



 This made me think of X-rays and MRI scans and how they cut up the brain and body into slices and by looking through them you see the movement through the body itself.
I looked up cat scans, MRI's, X-rays and pet scans.








I liked the MRI scans and the thermo-scans, which conveyed the temperature in the brain. The colours were beautiful so I played with that idea. I marbelled ink for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment