Tuesday 8 November 2011

          


Back to the idea of conveying movement through the brain by layering, like X-rays and MRI's.
 I found an artist called Angela Palmer who etched markings onto sheets of glass and when they were put together as a block it formed a 3d image. She also got this idea from MRI's and X-rays.

Link to Angela Palmer's gallery:

http://www.angelaspalmer.com/nggallery/page-577/album-2/gallery-3/




I liked the idea of the movement being shown by layering and scribbles. If you follow these scribbles and markings it brings you through the path of movement in the brain/body.

  For a few days, i made observational drawings of people and objects around me, by layering up markings and lines to build up the image.


 I went to the materials room and asked one of the technicians if it was possible to get a box made out of 22cm x 30cm small spars.

 Once I had that I began my observational drawings on sheets of acetate using ink with a stick. I made about ten sheets of mark making, which when layered up together form a 3d image.

I liked this concept and now that I know how it turns out once layered together I would like to continue with it and perfect the mark makings and the drawings themselves.

 I am thinking of getting a bigger box and using A3 acetates and creating a much more detailed drawing. 






No comments:

Post a Comment