Thursday 26 January 2012

Print 2 -spaces


In my sketch book I was looking at altering other peoples spaces. I looked at Occupy Space Limerick http://www.occupyspace.com/. This gallery occupies space in a welcoming, artistic, open enviroment. I then looked at Occupy Wall St. These people are occupying their space with the intent to protest for social equality. Through collage I played around with these images. Highlighting the violence that occurs in Occupy Wall St. By placing images of the people into the calm surroundings of Occupy Space's gallery.





 I then started swapping the 1% with the 99%. To highlight the differences between them. I figure you can't understand someones point of view until you have seen things from their perspective The 1% can't understand where the 99% are coming from because they havent lived in their space, walked in their shoes. So by swapping the images I'm highlighting the need to always see things from anothers point of view.






No comments:

Post a Comment