Sunday 4 December 2011

P.O.A

Sooo, my plan for the end of my project so far, well for the next two weeks of college and the Christmas holidays; while I'm still in college and have the facilities I want to display my what hopefully will be a stained glass window, get stuff done in the print workshop. I'm going to finish my ceramic piece, get it glazed this week and hopefully it didn't blow in the kiln, fingers crossed. Then I have a little tangent off the centre point of my project that I want to do a mini-project on to the side.

 My project is the movement and motion of the brain, which can be interpreted as the thoughts, notions and ideas that are constantly moving in your mind, that make your body function and move. This movement of the brain creates thoughts and these thoughts, feelings, memories and ideas cause emotions and expressions. These are physically apparent through facial expressions and gestures.
 So I'm going back to my book of thoughts, my tutors quite liked this metaphore, the brain being an open book. I have a book that I'm going to record my thoughts, feelings, ideas, lists and notions for the next few weeks and from this book, I'm also going to record these by photographs of my facial expressions that symbolise the movement inside my brain. From these photos I'm going to choose a series of images and paint them.
 I'll end up with a series of self portraits that portray the movement and motion inside my brain. The paintings themselves will represent movement and motion physically by the changing of facial expressions. Maybe with the photos I can create a stop-motion of facial expressions at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment