Thursday 1 December 2011

Ceramics II

I went to another ceramics workshop this week, where I continued on with my mini brain scans. I got a large slab of clay sliced them up into separate forms. Unlike last week when I pushed the pencils and sticks through, I decided to make this a cleaner more polished version of the idea from last week. So I developed from that and just cut out individual shapes in each of the slices. I gave each piece a smooth finish and I fixed them up a bit so they looked more ornamental than last weeks prototypes. At the moment they are in the kiln so on Tuesday I'll head down and glaze them. I glazed the smaller pieces just to see how they turned out as a rough draft and they've been in the kiln since Monday so I can collect them on Tuesday as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment